Friday, November 21, 2008

The Nicest Freestyle MCs

This is one talk that I've had with a few cats that definitely gets a lot of different results. Those who know me know that freestyling is something that I love doing (especially on stage) and hearing from other MCs who are dope at it. A lot of people attempt it, but there is a very small few who are great at it. I always feel that possessing this type of skill gives any MC the power to rip any crowd. Also, I feel I need to mention this...when I say the word "FREESTYLE", I'm talking about rhyming off the head and spitting what's never been heard or written down that's on your mind at that given moment. I am NOT referring to so-called "freestyles" like the ones you see on mixtapes. No offense to those cats, but that is NOT freestyling and needs to be called something else in my opinion. Spitting an exclusive written verse over someone else's known beat does not make that a freestyle lol. Some of the BEST freestylers I've heard are (in no particular order):

Supernatural
Juice
Jin
Wordsworth
Breezevahflowin
Craig G
Eyedea
Common
Iron Solomon
Rabbi Darkside
Why-G

These are just a few MCs that immediately come to mind when I think of cats who I've heard spit off the head that literally made me be like, "damn!". I'm sure there are more, but those are the few who come to mind at this moment. Who are some of the illest freestylers you've heard????

10 comments:

  1. Can't go wrong with that selection, Liz. My partner in rhyme Homeboy Sandman and my homie 8TH1 are definitely beasts with the freestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, the best I've ever heard, perhaps out of sheet consistency, is iLLspokinn. Every Monday night, week in and week out, dude spoils his audience with hours of freestyling in countless different styles, all of them jawdroppingly nice.

    When it comes to strictly battling, I'd say Solomon, The Saurus and Illmaculate are the best off the top in the world right now.

    Also, I've heard I'm good:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIUdD1vlYJI

    ReplyDelete
  3. chaz kangas is otherwordly off the head. so is big zoo from eow. i second the illspokinn nomination too. definately give a strong second to the rabbi, why g, and juice. but wassup wit mr. beatz though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. prezzure and final outlaw are brutes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Word, illspokkin is definitely ridiculously nice off the head! I would definitely add him to the list too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1.Eminem 2. Krs-One 3.Craig G 4. Redman...and three outta those 4 are sopreme at freestying and written!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quick list:

    L Swift & A Butta (from natural elements)
    Born Talent
    Q-Tip
    Craig G
    Juice
    Supernat
    Wieseguy & Gastan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Word, Redman has always been nice off the head. I also agree with Avid mentioning Born Talent who's mad nice off the head too! We got a good selection of MCs mentioned in here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All that are mentioned are dope. Just thought I'd throw in A.L. Skills

    ReplyDelete