Sunday, November 30, 2008

Best Hip Hop Albums of 2008

This topic is pretty much self explanatory. Which artists have dropped the best Hip Hop albums of 2008??? I feel like there have been some dope albums so far this year and I would have to mention the following as being the best in my opinion (in no particular order, but I'm sure you already knew that lol):

Homeboy Sandman
Rugged N Raw
Ill Bill
Hasan Salaam
Immortal Technique
Planet Asia and DJ Muggs
P.Casso
Termanology
Torae
Skyzoo

I would definitely suggest all of these to those cats who look for dope, raw Hip Hop since it's tough as hell to find nowadays. I'm sure there are a few more, but those come to mind right away as I write this. Also, which albums are you anticipating the release of that haven't come out yet???

3 comments:

  1. i can personally second that emotion on p.casso, torae, rugged n raw, and hasan salaam. some of the most gifted cats out. your taste being so on point with them cats makes me believe in the joints you mentioned i'm not familiar with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot my dude. Also, YOUR album is definitely MAD dope and whoever hasn't heard it yet needs to check for it! It doesn't sound like anything else out there...dope lyrics, mad creativity, production is on point, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah how refreshing, finally an album I can listen to straight thru...Elzhi's "The Preface" Sick, sick MC from Detroit, and when I think about it, the last album I heard that I could listen too straight thru had Elzhi on it...Little Brother's classic LP "The Minstrel Show" This album "The Preface" is a classic, "classic" is not a word I use often when it comes to hip hop nowadays but I call it like I hear it. I like EVERY song on this album. He is a beeeeeast lyrically and the beats are ill. Most of the Production is by Black Milk who provides bangin, soulful beats for Elzhi's intricate lyricism. This album has an outstanding guest appeareance by another sick Detroit MC....Royce Da 5'9 who kills it along with Elzhi on a song called "Motown 25". I know an album is nuts when I can't figure out what my favorite song on it is, and there are so many to choose from, from "Guessing Game" where El bends syllables in two over a nasty beat, or "Talking In My Sleep" where he tells this ill story, or "Colors" where he breaks down every color in the spectrum with a metaphor...This album is hip hop at it's finest and Elzhi is a force to be reckoned with!

    2. Nas..."Untitled"....I didn't like this album when I first heard it but I zoned out one day and really heard the underlying message in this album, this album is DOPE! Nas drops so many jewelz, so much social commentary which is a beautiful soundtrack to "The Black House" and our new President. The beats are the not Primo but you have to listen to what this dude is saying....Nas is the prophet and as this album is very relevant especially to minorities in this country!

    ReplyDelete